Anyone who has or has had a pet knows how much these creatures give to us. As a rule, they’re loyal companions and faithful confidants who don’t judge us and love us unconditionally. Today, we want to dedicate a few lines to honor their wonderful qualities. Therefore, we’ve selected some of the best phrases about our love for our pets.
The emotional bond that’s established between an animal and a human can be therapeutic for the latter. In fact, several studies have shown that the presence and company of a pet helps to improve blood pressure and body temperature, reduce anxiety, increase motivation and willingness to socialize, and, in general, increase the pet owner’s quality of life.
If you have the privilege of sharing your life with an animal, keep reading. We’re sure you’ll find some valuable words here that express just what your pet means to you.
The best sayings about our love for our pets
If we brought together all the definitions of love, there’d probably be half a dictionary full of them. Indeed, there’s little doubt that this emotion stimulates creativity. Here are 14 sayings about our love for our pets.
1. “Until you have loved an animal, a part of your soul will remain asleep”. (Anatole France)
Our love for our pets is different from any other. It’s purer, less conditioned, and often more rewarding.
2. “They can’t speak, but they can talk if you listen”.
Animals don’t speak. However, they don’t need to, because they’re experts in the language of the soul.
The look of your pet, the warm presence of their body, or the soothing sound of their breathing can have a greater medicinal effect than any spoken word. They’re by your side, and that’s enough.
3. “Since compassion for animals is so intimately associated with goodness of character, it may be confidently asserted that whoever is cruel to animals cannot be a good man”. (Arthur Schopenhauer)
Violence towards noble and defenseless creatures is a sign of a lack of empathy, a need to exercise power in an autocratic way, and it’s often a sign of a personality disorder like antisocial personality disorder. As a matter of fact, a study shows that those who care for animals also tend to care for people.
4. “Animals are born as they are, accept it, and that is that. They live with greater peace than people do”. (Gregory Maguire)
More and more people are trying to practice mindfulness, a discipline in which animals are true experts. Indeed, they live in the moment, enjoy the day-to-day, and have no long-term worries. If you want to learn about mindfulness, watch your pet. They’ll be your best teacher.
5. “When you look into the eyes of an animal you see unconditional love”.
You won’t find judgments, demands, or resentment in their gaze. You’ll only find affection and acceptance. For this reason, many people find it easier to bond with animals than with human beings.
6. “Rescued is my favorite breed “.
This is one of the phrases about our love for animals that reflects the importance of appreciating these creatures for what they are, and not for their appearance or the status they can bring us. In fact, there are few acts as noble and rewarding as saving a life and offering a future to an animal that’s known abandonment and suffering.
7. “If you spend time with animals, you run the risk of becoming a better person”. (Oscar Wilde)
Spending time with animals enhances our spirits and makes us more patient, loving, and empathetic.
8. “When humans act with cruelty we characterize them as animals, yet the only animal that displays cruelty is humanity”. (Anthony Douglas Williams)
Only humans consciously and deliberately harm without the need to do so. Animals attack for survival, people frequently attack for petty reasons.
9. “If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than many humans”. (James Herriot)
It’s true that these apparently human qualities are often more present in our animal companions than in our fellow humans. Those of us who live with pets will be able to attest to this.
10. “People who really appreciated animals always asked their names”. (Lilian Jackson Braun)
Those who love animals have an interest in knowing them, their history, and their character. For them, animals aren’t objects or accessories but beings who are as valuable as any of us. Therefore, they’ll always ask for their names.
11. “Animals don’t lie. Animals don’t criticize. If animals have moody days, they handle them better than humans do”. (Betty White)
Social relationships with other people are threatening because we expose ourselves to rejection, betrayal, and humiliation. However, with animals, these aspects disappear. They don’t pour their frustrations out on us.
12. “When was the last time someone was so overjoyed to see you, so brimming with love and affection that they literally ran to greet you? A dog will do that for you – ten, twenty, thirty times a day”. (Lionel Fisher)
Your partner, your children, your friends… are any of them as demonstrative as this? Do any of them make you feel extra special and welcome you warmly every time they see you? Unfortunately, as humans, we often make the mistake of immersing ourselves in routine thus taking our relationships for granted. Maybe we should take a tip from our canine companions.
13. “If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went”. (Will Rogers)
Many people simply cannot imagine an idea of paradise without the presence of these wonderful creatures that fill our lives with love and happiness. Indeed, there’s no doubt that if heaven is a paradise, our dear friends will be a part of it.
14. “When your dog dies you’ve lost a friend but gained a guardian angel”.
There are few situations as painful as losing a loved one, and the death of a pet can be devastating. Unfortunately, their lives are shorter than ours, and, sooner or later, we’re forced to face the loss of them.
However, the years of pure love, unconditional companionship, and shared happiness remain forever in our memory. Indeed, when your animal friend dies, their light continues to guide you.
We hope you liked these sayings about our love for our pets and that they’ve given you something to reflect on. Furthermore, if you’re lucky enough to share your daily life with a pet, enjoy it. Their mere presence can be both transformative and healing. Make the most of every minute of your time with them.
The post 14 Sayings About Our Love for Our Pets appeared first on Exploring your mind.