Are you looking for random questions to surprise a certain someone? You’ve found them! You’re probably aware that the art of the unexpected is a sensational way to connect with a person. This is because everyone enjoys a challenge and the opportunity to innovate and sharpen their wit, inventiveness, and response capacity. This list of questions will help you attain more good times full of laughter.
According to psychology, this set of random questions brings out the true essence of a person. It’s hard for someone to lie when you catch them by surprise and demand a quick answer from them. As you can see, these will help you delve deep into the most genuine side of your friend or family member.
Note that many of the topics here make for fabulous conversations. Thus, don’t hesitate to share a fun and original moment with any significant figures around you.
“Random questions are the least random of all questions.”
Random questions that will make you wonder
Surprise is one of the most enriching emotions in human beings. It’s a neutral state that can oscillate between joy and bewilderment and happiness and fear. However, it’s still essential due to its novelty. Exposing yourself to unexpected things helps you to know yourself a little better.
Thus, this set of random questions will make you wonder and allow you and the person to whom you ask them to go much deeper into yourselves. The key to making this exercise more intense and fun is to answer the questions on this list quickly. You must be sincere and say the first thing that comes to mind.
- Firstly, what message would you give the people in the world if you had their attention? Be sincere and give your most inspiring message.
- What’s the last thing you’ve taken a picture of with your cell phone? Was it a pet, a selfie, or a sunrise? Be sure to find out what the last picture they took is.
- Imagine you were rich but you still want to continue working, what job would you do? This is about working due to simple passion, dedicating a part of your day to a type of work that makes you a better person. Thus, what would you do if money wasn’t an issue?
- What do you have in the fridge right now? Perhaps the person to whom you pose this list of random questions has deep foresight. They’re one of those personalities whose fridge is always full. It’s also possible for them not to even know what’s in their fridge at that moment. In other words, they’re not in charge of what goes in.
- What would you “un-invent” if you could? The atomic bomb? Dynamite? Pepper spray? There are many things out there that are truly harmful and shouldn’t even exist.
- What’s the last thing you’ve “liked” on your social media? Was it a photo? A news item? Or perhaps a comment you agreed with? Also, what was the last thing the person to whom you’re asking these questions liked?
- Where do you see yourself in five years? Take a peek into the future and venture to imagine what’ll become of you.
- When was the last time you said “I told you so”? Few things are more comforting than discovering that you’re right about something you once predicted.
- Is there a habit you’ll never care to correct? Biting your nails? Drinking from a bottle? Accumulating all the dirty dishes of the day and doing them at night? Never making your bed? Likewise, ask your interlocutor about the things they’ll never give up.
- When was the last time you nosed around and found something you wish you hadn’t? This can be one of the most uncomfortable to recall from among these random questions.
- Do you love your pets more than other members of your family? Most people have a relative they can’t stand.
- According to you, what would be the best thing about losing your sense of smell? Surely there are countless unpleasant smells you’d gladly avoid if you could.
- Which popular movie would you never watch again? Titanic? The Lion King? Star Wars? The Avengers? Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows? There’s always a hit many people hate even though most love it.
- You can only say one word today, what would it be? Peace? Love? Friendship? Pizza? Sleep? Which one do you think the other person would say?
- Which charitable cause should receive the most funding, according to you? Talking about humanitarian issues is always an interesting topic of conversation.
- What’s the first thing you notice when you meet someone? Everyone’s attracted to certain things when they first meet someone.
- If you could lock a public figure in a mental institution, who would it be? There are many on this planet who should be locked up for one reason or another.
- What worries you the most lately? Knowing what worries the person in front of you is also important.
- What was the best part of your childhood? Most people have a treasured childhood memory they’d like to share.
- What do you think about censorship? Do you think it should become law? Get a little more transcendent and surprise the other person with this question, as it always sparks debate.
- Is there anyone you’d like to get back in touch with? Childhood friends? Old significant others? Everyone misses someone from their past.
- Which sound do you find incredibly pleasant? The sound of the rain? The wind? The coffee pot in the morning? The sound of the car while driving on a lonely road?
- What animal would you find most frightening if it could talk? What would elephants say? Think about it.
- What habit do you currently have that you wish you’d started much earlier? Running? Eating a healthier diet? For sure your interlocutor has introduced a positive habit into their routine at some point.
- Which celebrity in the history of science or art would you’ve liked to meet? This is definitely an interesting question to get to know a person and make them wonder.
- Have you already found the love of your life? Maybe fate has been kind to the person you’re asking they already have a special someone by their side.
- Are you currently watching a TV series? Which one? Series are now part of most people’s daily lives. They’re certainly a good topic of conversation.
- Where would you prefer to live: in a zoo or in an amusement park? This is a classic from among the random questions that make you wonder.
- What do you consider to be the opposite of a politician? It’s always interesting to ask questions that seem absurd on the surface. However, it’s a way to challenge the wit of the person in front of you.
- What superpower would you like to have? Be invisible? Make anyone you touch tell the truth? This is a question that deserves reflection. Be sure to find out the other person’s answer.
- What makes someone a hero, according to you? What are real heroes like? How do they develop?
- When was the last time you yelled at someone? Everyone has lost it at some point in their lives.
- If you were to build a themed hotel, what would be its central theme? What would the rooms be like?
- Who wouldn’t like to build a hotel set up like our favorite movie? Don’t hesitate to find out what the other person answers.
- Finish the sentence: I would never do _____ at night. This is one of the best random questions.
- What do you think about Elon Musk’s project to colonize Mars? Talking about him and his revolutionary ideas could be interesting to some people.
- What are you, according to you, terribly bad at? Cooking? Ironing? Driving? Public speaking? Arts and crafts? Everyone is bad at something.
- What would you like to pass on to your grandchildren when you die? It doesn’t matter if you or the person to whom you ask these random questions don’t want grandchildren. The important thing here is to reflect on it.
- What’s something you’ve tried that you’d never try again? This question requires a bit of hindsight.
- What kind of works would you create if you could make a living from art? Realism? Abstract? Painting? Photography or writing? There are many forms of art in which to express oneself.
- What do you think is the best thing about getting older? Indeed, the process of aging isn’t something everyone looks forward to. This is why it’s good to reflect on those enriching aspects of the passage of time itself.
- What qualities does someone must have to become your worst enemy? Once again, turn the question around. Everyone knows what good friends are like. In contrast, what were some of the bad traits that made you step away from a given friendship in the past?
- Which brand are you most loyal to? Clothing? Food? Technology?
- What would you rather have: unlimited sushi for life or your favorite pizza forever? What about the person you’re asking these questions to? Do they prefer Asian or Italian food?
- What do you do on your low days? Everyone’s learned to survive rainy days. Some listen to music, others talk to their friends, and many simply reflect on the good times and wait for the fog to clear.
- Who do you love more: your father or your mother? This is one of the most classic (and uncomfortable) questions when it comes to making someone wonder.
- Where are you no longer welcome? There are many places you can no longer visit: old jobs and friends’ homes, etc.
- If you could change anything about your upbringing, what would it be? There are always things you could’ve improved in your upbringing. Perhaps your parents should’ve helped you better understand your emotions. They could’ve helped you be more independent by trusting you, etc.
- How do you think climate change will affect the world in the next 10 years? Surely the person you ask has an opinion on the subject.
- When things break, do you fix them or replace them? This question can tell you a lot about a person.
- Have you ever had a supernatural experience? It may come as a surprise, but most people have, in fact, experienced the paranormal abound.
- What product would you stock in industrial quantities if you found out that they were no longer going to manufacture it? Few things can be more catastrophic than finding out that they’re no longer going to produce your favorite drink or that perfume you adore.
- What do you think about people who don’t recycle? Your interlocutor doesn’t? Talk them into it.
- What book would you recommend to someone to make them passionate about reading? There are countless books that could hook people up forever.
- How many hours do you think you spend looking at your cell phone? Actually, most people are unaware of the time they spend in front of a screen.
- What name would you choose if you didn’t already have a name? You may not know it but everyone has a favorite name they’d love to go by.
- Try to describe your life in one word. This question requires the most self-reflection of all.
- Which do you prefer: stability or spontaneity?
- At what age did you become an adult? There must be an experience that forced you to grow up.
- What kind of dystopia do you predict in a few years? In a way, the world is already a weird dystopia. However, the person to whom you ask these random questions probably has an opinion about the future.
- Who do you think you’re becoming? Everyone moves forward, transforms, and becomes freer, more authentic, and wiser.
- Where have you felt most uncomfortable in your life? Most people have a memory of a place in which they felt uncomfortable for one reason or another.
- What’s more difficult for you to say: “I love you” or “I don’t love you anymore”? Both require courage but one may be more difficult to say out loud than the other.
- What do you need in order to be truly happy? While it’s true that happiness comes and goes, there are always things that could make it last more.
- Which type of character appeals to you more, heroes or villains? Heroes are inspiring, but some villains are fascinating for various reasons.
- What always encourages you when you think about it? There’s always a memory, a scene from yesterday that makes you smile and cheers you up in a second.
- Are you afraid of the way technology may advance? Is it Artificial Intelligence? Robots? The Internet? Brain implants? Indeed, the future is hopeful, but you can’t deny there are some scary aspects about it.
- If you had a restaurant, what kind of food would you serve? Oriental? Vegetarian? Haute cuisine? Fast food?
- What questions would you like to ask a time traveler 200 years in the future? The future can bring great things and challenges. Thus, don’t hesitate to ask this question to the person next to you.
- Do you believe in coincidences? A question from Carl Jung’s theories is always interesting among the random ones that make you wonder.
- What would be the name of your unicorn pet if you had one? Don’t hesitate to drop this question on that special person and find out their answer!
The post 71 Random Questions that Will Make You Wonder appeared first on Exploring your mind.